India is a land filled with mysticism and ancient legends and harbors spine-chilling tales and eerie locales. In this article, we’ll discuss the 15 top most haunted place in India, each with its unique story, location and mystery. Whether you are a thrill-seeker or a paranormal enthusiast, these haunted destinations will send shivers down your spine. So, fasten your seatbelts as we embark on a supernatural journey to discover the top most haunted places in India.
Bhangarh Fort Haunted Place In India
Bhangarh Fort is top most haunted place in India Rajasthan and is often referred to as the Most Haunted Place in India. The fort was built in the 17th century by Man Singh I and is famous for its beautiful architecture and eerie vibes.
- Location: Bhangarh Fort is situated in the Alwar district of Rajasthan, about 80 kilometers from Jaipur.
- How to Reach: You can reach Bhangarh Fort by road from Jaipur or Alwar. It’s a thrilling drive through picturesque landscapes.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit during the daytime, as the fort is officially closed after sunset.
- Cost of Traveling: Entry is free, but remember, it’s not advised to stay here after dark.
Kuldhara Village Haunted Place In India
Kuldhara top most haunted place in India is a long-abandoned village with a haunting history. It is said that the village was cursed, leading to its mass exodus in the 19th century.
- Location: Kuldhara is located in the Jaisalmer district of Rajasthan not far from Jaisalmer city.
- How to Reach: Drive from Jaisalmer to reach this eerie village. It’s easily accessible.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit during the daytime to explore the ruins and hear the stories.
- Cost of Traveling: Entry to Kuldhara Village is free, but make sure to visit during daylight hours.
Dumas Beach Haunted Place In India
Dumas Beach top most haunted place in India is situated near Surat in Gujarat and is known for its black sand and paranormal activities. Locals believe that the beach is haunted due to its proximity to burial grounds.
- Location: Dumas Beach is located along the Arabian Sea, around 21 kilometers from Surat.
- How to Reach: You can reach Dumas Beach by road from Surat. It’s a short drive.
- Best Time to Visit: Plan your visit during daylight hours for a picturesque view of the sea.
- Cost of Traveling: There is no entry fee to Dumas Beach.
Shaniwarwada Fort Haunted Place In India
Shaniwarwada Fort top most haunted place in India in Pune is infamous for its eerie occurrences especially on full moon nights. It was the seat of the Peshwa rulers and witnessed a tragic history.
- Location: Shaniwarwada is located in the heart of Pune city, making it easily accessible.
- How to Reach: Pune is well-connected by road, rail, and air, so reaching Shaniwarwada is convenient.
- Best Time to Visit: Explore the fort during the day to appreciate its historical significance.
- Cost of Traveling: The entry fee for Shaniwarwada is nominal.
Dow Hill, Kurseong Haunted Place In India
Dow Hill in Kurseong, West Bengal is top most haunted place in India shrouded in mystery. Victoria Boys’ School is situated there and is said to be haunted with eerie footsteps echoing through its corridors on thick pine forest and fog.
- Location: Kurseong is a hill station in West Bengal, accessible via Siliguri.
- How to Reach: Reach Kurseong by train or road from Siliguri, and Dow Hill is a short drive from the town center.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit during the day but be prepared for a spooky atmosphere.
- Cost of Traveling: There’s no entry fee to visit Dow Hill.
Ramoji Film City Haunted Place In India
Ramoji Film City in Hyderabad top most haunted place in India is a sprawling film studio complex. Despite its vibrant atmosphere, it is believed to be one of the top most haunted places in India, with reports of paranormal activities.
- Location: Ramoji Film City is located on the outskirts of Hyderabad, well-connected by road.
- How to Reach: You can hire a taxi or take a bus from Hyderabad to reach the film city.
- Best Time to Visit: Enjoy the daytime studio tours and stay overnight if you dare.
- Cost of Traveling: Entry fees vary based on the type of tour you choose.
Fernhill Hotel, Ooty Haunted Place In India
The Fernhill Hotel in Ooty, Tamil Nadu, top most haunted place in India has a haunted room, known as the “Golf-View Room.” Guests have reported strange occurrences and ghostly sightings.
- Location: Ooty is a popular hill station in Tamil Nadu, and Fernhill Hotel is a part of this charming town.
- How to Reach: Ooty is accessible by road from Coimbatore, and the hotel is easy to find.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit Ooty during the summer months but beware if you decide to stay at Fernhill Hotel.
- Cost of Traveling: Room rates at Fernhill Hotel vary depending on the type of accommodation.
Tunnel No. 33, Shimla Haunted Place In India
Tunnel No. 33 top most haunted place in India also known as the Tunnel of Death is a railway tunnel near Shimla. It is believed to be haunted by the spirits of workers who lost their lives during its construction.
- Location: The tunnel is part of the Kalka-Shimla Railway route and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- How to Reach: Reach Shimla by train or road and then take the toy train to pass through this eerie tunnel.
- Best Time to Visit: Any time you take the Kalka-Shimla toy train, you’ll pass through Tunnel No. 33.
- Cost of Traveling: The train ticket prices vary based on the class of travel.
Savoy Hotel, Mussoorie Haunted Place In India
The Savoy Hotel in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, top most haunted place in India has a dark history of murder and mystery. The ghost of Lady Garnet Orme is said to haunt this colonial-era hotel.
- Location: Mussoorie is a renowned hill station in Uttarakhand, and the Savoy Hotel is centrally located.
- How to Reach: Reach Mussoorie by road from Dehradun or other nearby cities and you can easily locate the hotel.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit Mussoorie during the summer months, but exercise caution if you plan to stay at the Savoy Hotel.
- Cost of Traveling: Room rates at the Savoy Hotel vary depending on the season and room category.
Lambi Dehar Mines Haunted Place In India
Lambi Dehar Mines in Mussoorie, Uttarakhand, top most haunted place in India have a sinister reputation. These abandoned mines are believed to be haunted and many accidents have occurred here in recent times.
- Location: Lambi Dehar Mines are located near Mussoorie, making them accessible from the hill station.
- How to Reach: Reach Mussoorie by road and then inquire locally for directions to the mines.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit during the day, but exercise caution in this eerie location.
- Cost of Traveling: There is no entry fee to the mines but be prepared for an eerie experience.
Delhi Cantonment Area Haunted Place In India
The Delhi Cantonment Area top most haunted place in India is particularly the areas around the Cantonment Road and is rumored to be haunted. People have reported seeing apparitions and experiencing unexplained phenomena.
- Location: The Delhi Cantonment Area is situated in the western part of Delhi, near Delhi Cantt Railway Station.
- How to Reach: Delhi is well-connected by air, rail, and road, making it easy to reach the Cantonment Area.
- Best Time to Visit: You can explore this area at any time but be cautious after dark.
- Cost of Traveling: No entry fees apply, as it’s a part of the city.
The Grand Paradi Towers, Mumbai Haunted Place In India
The Grand Paradi Towers in Mumbai, Maharashtra top most haunted place in India is infamous for its series of suicides and eerie occurrences. Residents have reported paranormal activities, making it one of the top most haunted places in India.
- Location: The Grand Paradi Towers is in the upmarket area of Kemps Corner in South Mumbai.
- How to Reach: Mumbai is well-connected by air, rail and road, and the towers are easily accessible from the city.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit Mumbai throughout the year but beware if you plan to stay in the Grand Paradi Towers.
- Cost of Traveling: Accommodation costs vary based on room type and season.
GP Block, Meerut Haunted Place In India
About: GP Block in Meerut, Uttar Pradesh top most haunted place in India is known for its haunted houses. Locals believe that the area is cursed, and strange occurrences have been reported.
- Location: GP Block is situated in the heart of Meerut city, making it easily accessible.
- How to Reach: Meerut is well-connected by road and rail from major cities in North India.
- Best Time to Visit: You can explore GP Block during the day and late night visits.
- Cost of Traveling: No entry fees apply, as it’s part of the city.
Malcha Mahal, New Delhi Haunted Place In India
Malcha Mahal top most haunted place in India is in the heart of Delhi’s Sanjay Van, an abandoned palace known for its haunted reputation. The royal family that once lived here reportedly practiced black magic.
- Location: Malcha Mahal is located in the protected forest area of Sanjay Van, near Chanakyapuri in New Delhi.
- How to Reach: Delhi is well-connected by air, rail, and road, and you can reach Sanjay Van with ease.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit during the day but exploring the palace may not be allowed due to its protected status.
- Cost of Traveling: There are no entry fees, but you may need permission to enter.
Feroz Shah Kotla Fort, Delhi Haunted Place In India
- Location: The fort is situated in the heart of Delhi, near ITO and Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium.
- How to Reach: Delhi’s excellent transportation network makes it easy to reach the fort by road or metro.
- Best Time to Visit: Visit during daylight hours and experience the historical charm and supernatural tales.
- Cost of Traveling: Entry to Feroz Shah Kotla Fort is free.
India is a land where history and the paranormal often intermingle, giving rise to some of the top most haunted places in India. From ancient forts to modern buildings each location has its own unique story to tell. Whether you believe in ghosts or not, these haunted places offer a thrilling glimpse into India’s rich and eerie past. So, if you’re ready to embark on a spine-tingling adventure, pack your bags and explore the top most haunted places in India for an unforgettable experience like no other.
Most Haunted Places In India Common FAQs Number Wise
While some people believe in the paranormal, others remain skeptical. The haunted reputation of these places is often based on reported sightings, eerie experiences and local legends. Whether you believe in ghosts or not, visiting these locations can be a unique and thrilling experience.
Most of these haunted places are open to the public during specific hours. However, some may have restricted access, especially after dark or due to their historical significance. It’s advisable to check the visiting hours and any entry restrictions before planning your visit.
It is safe to visit these haunted places during daylight hours when they are open to the public. However, it’s essential to exercise caution, follow safety guidelines and respect any rules or warnings provided by local authorities or caretakers. Avoid visiting these places after dark as safety concerns may arise.
Some of these places may offer accommodation, such as hotels or guesthouses, while others do not. If you plan to stay overnight, research the availability of accommodation and make reservations in advance. Be prepared for a potentially eerie experience if you choose to stay in a haunted location.
Guided tours are often available for many of these haunted places. These tours provide insights into the history and supernatural stories associated with the locations. It’s recommended to join a guided tour to enhance your understanding of the place and its haunting tales.